Southwest Volunteer Challenge
In its 46th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines continues to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 55,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest proudly operates a network of 101 destinations in the United States and eight additional countries with more than 3,900 departures a day during peak travel season. Southwest connects People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, low-cost air travel. The mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and Company Spirit. For more information about Southwest Airlines, please visit southwest.com and swamedia.com.
Volunteerism at Southwest
- Our People devote their personal passions to champion causes and make impact.
- Our People engage their skills to strengthen connections in the communities where they live, work, and serve.
- Our People invest their Hearts and resources to bring help and hope.
To learn more about volunteerism at Southwest visit: http://bit.ly/2hFMO2A
Volunteer Ambassador Network
Helping to drive volunteerism efforts forward, a network of 460 Southwest Volunteer Ambassadors, representing all Cities and work groups, advocate for volunteerism, inspire Employees to get involved, and identify team opportunities in their local cities. Southwest encourages its Employees to work alongside fellow Cohearts on service projects as fun team-building exercises as the opportunities encourage talent development, collaboration, and mentorship.
What is the best way to streamline communications between Southwest Airlines Employees across the country as they organize volunteer activities?
Points to Consider
- The majority of Southwest’s workforce is remotely located
- Workforce is spread throughout the country and in differing time zones
- Email is not accessible for most of the workforce for the majority of their workday
- Southwest is looking to increase rate of response from potential volunteers to the Volunteer Ambassadors
- Communication channels run from the Community Outreach team to the Volunteer Ambassadors and from Volunteer Ambassadors to all other Employees
To apply, submit the following information using the link below by Friday, January 26 , 2018.
- Class Year
- Resume (optional)
- 4-6 sentences outlining your solution
Submit your application HERE. By submitting an application you agree to the project terms and conditions.
All students’ submissions and resumes will be shared with the Southwest Airlines team. The top submission will receive a 30-minute phone mentoring session with a Southwest Airlines professional and a $50 Southwest gift card.
You must be logged in to post a comment.