Southwest June Project
In its 46th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines continues to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 53,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest proudly operates a network of 101 destinations in the United States and eight additional countries with more than 3,900 departures a day during peak travel season. Southwest connects People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, low-cost air travel. The mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and Company Spirit. For more information about Southwest Airlines, please visit southwest.com and swamedia.com.
Enhance the onboard experience for Customers.
- Identify at least one way to utilize emerging technology to enhance the Customer experience onboard a Southwest Airlines flight.
- The onboard experience is considered the time that a Customer spends onboard the aircraft—from the moment they step onto the aircraft until they exit the aircraft at their destination.
Projects could include ways to:
- Increase the speed of boarding and deplaning Passengers
- Aid first-time Customers, Unaccompanied Minors (children ages 5-11 traveling without an accompanying Passenger age 12 or older), Passengers with visual or hearing impairment needs, and Customers who are non-native English speakers
- Assist parents traveling with children
Customer Service, Technology, Innovation, Marketing, Communication
1 month to research technology that Southwest can utilize to design an implementation plan, including a communication strategy.
To apply, submit the following information using the link below by Monday, June 19
- Class Year
- Resume (optional)
- 6-8 sentences outlining your project proposal
Submit your application HERE. By submitting an application you agree to the project terms and conditions.
Every student who submits an application will be entered into a lottery to win a GenHERation gift bag.
The students selected to participate in this project will have their submissions and resumes shared with the Southwest Airlines team. The top two submissions will receive a 30 minute phone mentoring session with a Southwest Airlines professional.
- Additional information on Unaccompanied Minors
- Southwest Airlines Contract of Carriage
You must be logged in to post a comment.