Southwest Airlines March Project
In its 46th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines continues to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 53,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest proudly operates a network of 101 destinations in the United States and eight additional countries with more than 3,900 departures a day during peak travel season. Southwest connects People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, low-cost air travel. The mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and Company Spirit. For more information about Southwest Airlines, please visit southwest.com and swamedia.com.
- Redesign the boarding process for Customers with disabilities who need assistance boarding the aircraft, with emphasis on the use of aisle wheelchairs and Passenger Transfer Kits
- Create a more efficient boarding process for Customers needing the assistance of a wheelchair
- Improve the Customer Experience for Customers using wheelchairs
- Determine how to help prevent Employee injuries and Customer injuries
- Ground Operations, Customer Service, Customer Advocacy
- Those accepted for the project will have 1 month from project proposal acceptance to research products already created that Southwest can utilize or to sketch out and create unique solutions that address the challenges
To apply, submit the following information using the link below by Tuesday, April 4
- Class Year
- Resume (optional)
- 6-8 sentences outlining your project proposal
Every student who submits an application will be entered into a lottery to win a GenHERation gift bag.
The students selected to participate in this project will have their submissions and resumes shared with the Southwest Airlines team. The top two submissions will receive a 30 minute phone mentoring session with a Southwest Airlines professional.
- Additional information is available here in the following sections:
- Notice of Disability
- Assistance in the Airport
- Wheelchairs & Other Devices
- Your Rights
- Current Flow of Wheelchair Accommodations
- Current Boarding Process