Last Modified: March 1, 2023 ©March 2014-Present)
At GenHERation®, we know you care about how companies use and collect information about you. We appreciate the trust you place in us every time you use our website and we take your privacy very seriously.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- GenHERation® offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content accessible from or on this Website.
This policy may change from time to time so please check this policy frequently for updates. By continuing to use our Website after we make changes, you agree to accept those changes.
What Personal Information About Visitors Does GenHERation® Gather?
The information GenHERation® collects helps us personalize and continually improve your experience on our Website and beyond. We use information about our visitors to develop new products, produce compelling content, and better communicate our mission.
To improve your experience as much as possible, we collect several types of information about our Website visitors. This includes information that may personally identify you, like your address or telephone number. It also includes non-identifying information like your internet connection or preferred web browser.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site.
- Automatically whenever you navigate to or from our site.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- From any email communications we have with you.
In the next sections, we’ll walk you through examples of each of these types of data collection.
Information You Provide to Us.
GenHERation® stores any information you enter on our Website or choose to give us in any other way. We will only ever ask you for information we need to improve our services and your experience on www.genheration.com. Below, you’ll find examples of the sources we use to gather information and the types of information collected.
- Information from Forms on our Website. We store information you provide when registering for our Website, subscribing to our services, or posting material on our message boards. We may also ask for information to support promotions we sponsor or when you report problems with our Website. Importantly, some of the information we collect through forms may personally identify you. This includes information like your address, name, and email address. We collect this kind of information to better communicate and correspond with our users.
- Correspondence. To help us quickly and easily solve customer service issues, we keep records of your physical and electronic correspondence with us.
- Surveys. We frequently use surveys to develop new products. We may store your responses to our surveys for future reference and marketing purposes.
- Transactions. We record details of transactions you carry out through our Website and information about order fulfillment. In addition, we require and may store financial information you provide when placing an order through our Website. This financial information may include your credit card or bank account information. We protect any payment information we store with the most stringent security standards. In addition, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.
- Search Queries. To improve the navigability of our Website, we collect information about your search queries. We use this information to make key content on our Website more accessible.
- Website Postings. We also work to encourage a community of like-minded individuals to participate in a dialogue about community issues and career exploration. As such, several areas of the Website invite you to provide information to be displayed on public areas of the Website or transmitted to others. While we limit access to certain pages, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your contributions. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of others on our Website who may view these contributions. As a result, when you choose to post content on our site, you do so at your own risk.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
To improve our Website, we also gather information about your browsing patterns. To do so, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information as you interact with our Website. This information includes:
- Details of your Visits to our Website. By collecting data on how you move through our Website, we can build tools to better cater our Website to your needs. As such, we collect traffic, location, and communication data to understand how you use the Website.
- Information about your Internet Connection. We also know that not every internet connection is created equal. As such, we may gather data on your internet connection, IP address, operating system, and browser type to optimize page load times and Website orientation.
- Information we collect automatically represents statistical data that by itself may not identify you personally. However, we may associate it with personal information about you in order to deliver more personalized service.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you to create a better experience for you and other users. For instance, we may use information that we collect to:
- Improve the layout and functionality of our Website to fit your individual interests.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Provide you with notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. These may include rights related to billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Fulfill any purpose for which you provide information.
- Lastly, since we cannot anticipate all of GenHERation®’s future products and services, we may periodically use your information in other ways with your consent.
What about GenHERation® Cookies?
Certain features of our Website may also use Flash cookies to collect information about your preferences and internet navigation. You may delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting Adobe Flash’s settings or by following Adobe’s instructions here.
How We Share Your Information
Information about our users is extremely important to our business, and we do not sell it to third parties. We share customer information only as necessary to support our business and to deliver fantastic services to our users.
The following partners prove essential to our goal of delivering great service, and may receive only as much information about you as absolutely necessary.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We work closely with affiliated businesses to bring you appealing products. In some cases, affiliates may operate stores or sell offerings through our Website. Alternatively, we may jointly develop product lines with these businesses. Whenever you transact with one of these affiliates or one of our subsidiaries on our Website, we share transaction data with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers. We often hire other companies to perform services on our behalf. For instance, we employ third parties to deliver packages, send postal mail, fulfill orders, market our products, and analyze data. We give these third-parties access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers. In the spirit of trying to surprise and delight our visitors, we may send offers to select groups of users on behalf of other businesses. However, we will only do this if you consent to such offers.
- With your Consent. We’re always trying to come up with new products and services for our users that may require use of your personal information. Other than as set out above, we’ll always give you notice before information about you might go to third parties
Since this kind of information cannot personally identify you, we may also disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
Choices About How We Use, Disclose, and Store Your Information
We strive to give you choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. As a result, we’ve developed several mechanisms that give you control over your information:
- Opting Out of GenHERation® Data Collection. As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide certain information even though it might prove necessary to take advantage of our Website’s features. In addition, if you want to opt-out of emails from us or to prevent us from sharing information with third-party advertisers, please email us at email@example.com.
- Correcting Your Personal Information. You can always view and update the basic information we have on file about you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates you would like to make to your personal information. When you update information, we sometimes keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
We work to protect the information you’ve entrusted us with. To do so, we’ve implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We store any information you provide to us on secure servers behind firewalls. Moreover, we encrypt any payment transactions using SSL technology.
The security of your information also depends on you. Certain parts of our Website require a password for access. We ask that you keep this password confidential and that you not share it with anyone. We also urge you to exercise caution when sharing information in public areas of the Website like message boards. Any user of the Website may view this information.
Unfortunately, the security measures we’ve put in place may still leave your information vulnerable to third-party attacks. For instance, we urge you to consider the security of your internet connection when connecting to our Website since third-parties may intercept the information you transmit. We also cannot take responsibility for circumvention of any security measures contained on our Website by third parties.
Children Under the Age of 13
GenHERation® is a network where young women and companies connect for young women over the age of 13. As such, we do not intend for children under 13 years of age to use our Website and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide your personal information to this Website or through any of its features or services. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
In addition, GenHERation® does not sell products for purchase by children. However, we may sell children’s products for purchase by an adult.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
You can also reach out us via the email address above if you would like us to change the information we have on file about you.