Why Hartford Funds?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs, and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs with more than $117.8 billion assets under management. Hartford Funds is primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
Hartford Funds believes in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments, and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
Hartford Funds is looking to hire candidates for two full time positions at their Wayne, PA location.
Job Title: Continuing Education Program Coordinator
Overview of the Role: The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee the continuing education (CE) program at Hartford Funds. Additional responsibilities include coordinating the delivery of award-winning courses to financial advisors on a nationwide basis and tracking attendance at programs. As a member of the marketing team, the person in this role will work proactively with the sales team and marketing team, and CE organizations to effectively administer the CE program.
- Support implementation of CE courses, including coordinating invitations, ordering course materials, gathering rosters, and submitting credits
- Oversee course application process, including reviewing course descriptions, objectives, and outlines to ensure that they meet CE organization requirements
- Collaborate with salespeople, financial advisors, and marketing team to implement virtual and in-person CE courses
- Organize, update, and manage course content and other educational content on content management system
- Monitor the compliance approval status of CE and educational marketing content
- Ability to multi-task and must have exceptional organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A “get-it-done” mindset allowing for assertive execution of assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Job Title: RFP Specialist
Overview of the Role: The RFP Specialist plays a critical role in the Request for Proposal (RFP/RFI) process for Hartford Funds’ retail and institutional businesses. The role is responsible for ensuring that RFP responses are timely, thorough, and accurate, and promote new business and client retention opportunities. The role will ensure that data on the fund family are accurately maintained in external consultant databases. The RFP Specialist will participate in various initiatives designed to improve the overall efficiencies of the team.
- Preparing and responding to RFP and RFI requests; drafting responses that are thorough, accurate, and highlight Hartford Funds’ products for competitive advantage and maximum impact
- Populating and maintaining the internal RFP response database
- Working toward continuously improving the accuracy and relevancy of all information contained in the RFP response database
- Building relationships and proactively interacting with RFP stakeholders (such as Product, Research, Distribution, Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Human Resources, and Hartford Funds’ sub-advisors) to develop strong content and to keep abreast of current information related to the firm, its strategies, and initiatives for the future
- Disseminating information internally regarding progress of RFPs and RFIs; ensuring a smooth RFP process where all deadlines are met
- Managing the process for ensuring data on Hartford Funds’ products and services are accurately populated into external consultant databases on a monthly and quarterly basis, and through periodic ad-hoc requests
- Managing the storage of all quantitative information used to complete RFPs/RFIs and Consultant Databases to allow for the quick retrieval of accurate data
- Participating in various projects aimed at improving the overall efficiency of the RFP team
- Working in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- RFP experience preferred
- Interest and/or knowledge of Fixed Income Markets preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to address technical investment-oriented detail in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking, quantitative skills, and the ability to understand and interpret detailed information, such as investment performance and portfolio characteristics
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal business partners
- Lead and/or participate in a cross-functional project team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently, but also to contribute as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Demonstrated skill in content creation and management a plus
- Experience with a content management database (Qvidian) is a plus
After you submit your resume below, a member of the Hartford Funds team will be in touch with more details about the next steps in the application process. Applications are due by Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.