M&T Bank Invitational
The business of banking has changed. Economic conditions, the regulatory and competitive environment, consumer preferences and expectations, and the general perception of the financial services industry are vastly different than they were even 10 years ago. Despite the changing landscape, the vision of M&T remains as relevant as ever. M&T anticipates that the pace of change will accelerate, and has embarked on an ambitious technology transformation journey. As M&T progresses, they are looking to our Technology Development Program as a source of valuable talent to help change and adapt.
This two-year rotational program was created to help accelerate your career with a combination of technical and competency-based training, mentorship and career growth, and is your entry point into a career at M&T.
GenHERation will be hosting a one-day career immersion program at M&T Bank headquarters (391 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203) in Buffalo, New York on Friday, October 11 from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM with an optional tour of Buffalo from 3:30-5:00 PM. During this event, participants will have the opportunity to meet C-suite leaders, get a first-hand look at M&T Bank’s culture, and interview for the TDP with technology managers at the event.
On-site, soft offers will be extended based on interview performance!
This event is targeted toward May 2020 graduates completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or majors related to software development who are interested in full-time positions in the Technology Development Program.
Prospective candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time, permanent basis without future sponsorship
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as on a team
- Motivated to challenge the norms, experimental thinking, commitment to continuous learning and ability to thrive in a high-energy environment
- Relevant experience/ internships in computer science or software development
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills or experience in one or more of the following areas: Python, Cisco, Java, C, C++, Unix, COBOL, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, Data Modeling, Agile, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, Android, MAC, Linux, Data Visualization, Design Thinking, UI/UX, Object oriented, Full stack, AI, Machine Learning, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Data Scientist, IOT Security
Locations of full-time TDP opportunities are in Buffalo, NY and Wilmington, DE. Compensation is highly competitive and provides strong benefits.
Submit your resume HERE by Monday, October 7, 2019. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the Invitational on a rolling basis.
M&T Bank is one of the top 20 full-service U.S.-based commercial banks, with 17,000 employees and a long history of community-focused banking. M&T provides commercial, retail, business, investment, mortgage and professional banking services throughout NY, MD, NJ, PA, DE, CT, VA, WV, and DC. In addition to banking products, M&T and its subsidiaries offer customized private wealth and institutional services through Wilmington Trust, one of the largest personal trust providers in the U.S.