M&T Bank is one of the top 20 full-service U.S.-based commercial banks, with 17,000 employees and a long history of community-focused banking. M&T provides commercial, retail, business, investment, mortgage, and professional banking services throughout NY, MD, NJ, PA, DE, CT, VA, WV, and DC. In addition to banking products, M&T and its subsidiaries offer customized private wealth and institutional services through Wilmington Trust, one of the largest personal trust providers in the U.S.
The business of banking has changed. Economic conditions, the regulatory and competitive environment, consumer preferences and expectations, and the general perception of the financial services industry are vastly different than they were even 10 years ago. Despite the changing landscape, the vision of M&T remains as relevant as ever. M&T anticipates that the pace of change will accelerate, and has embarked on an ambitious technology transformation journey. As M&T progresses, they are looking to their Technology Development Program as a source of valuable talent to help change and adapt.
M&T’s Technology Development Program allows you to design your unique career path through training, networking opportunities, leadership mentoring, and clearly defined career progression, enabling a fast track to success. Be a part of transforming banking through technology.
Assignments across M&T’s technology organization—engineering, infrastructure, cyberengineering—all with a deep concentration in software engineering.
- The two-year, rotational program will allow you to achieve your goals, deliver immediate value to the organization, expand technical skills, evolve core behaviors, and expose you to innovative and emerging technologies
- Visibility and interaction with M&T senior technology leaders is a vital part of the program and pivotal to the technology transformation underway at M&T Bank
- Contribute to projects that help build platforms and programs improving processes; product delivery to create an ever-changing customer experience
- Design, develop, test, deploy in M&T’s developing scaled agile delivery environment
- Focus on community and enhancing the impact in the communities M&T serves
Location for this full-time role is in Buffalo, NY. Compensation is highly competitive and provides strong benefits.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Software Development, or Mathematics with a strong focus on software development. Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- Demonstrated experience with a Technology discipline, such as Software Development, Front-end or Full Stack, Platform Operating Systems, Cloud Computing, Security, Test Automation, Database Development
- Understanding of hardware configurations and software concepts in the current environment and future technologies
- Innovative mindset
- Critical thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaborative focus
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Community focused with a passion for service
- Work visa sponsorship not offered for this role
Education and Experience Preferred
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills in one or more pertinent languages–Java, C#, Python as examples
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.2
- Project management skills
- Experience from technology internship
After you submit your resume below, a member of the M&T team will be in touch with more details about the next steps in the application process. Applications are due by Sunday, November 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.