Job Title: Financial Analyst Intern
Reports to: Finance, Accounting, Sales Operations Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Intuitive believes that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, Intuitive expands the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, Intuitive strives to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, Intuitive has worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. Intuitive believes great ideas can come from anywhere—Intuitive strives to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. Intuitive leads with inclusion and empowers their team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive Intuitive’s culture—their team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help Intuitive think in new ways. Intuitive actively invests in their team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance Intuitive’s mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. With Intuitive, you can help advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive is seeking strong academic achievers and high-capacity students for their Finance, Accounting, and Sales Operations University Hiring Program. Intuitive challenges its interns to learn and apply leading finance, accounting, and analytic principles to a broad range of opportunities Intuitive faces across its commercial, manufacturing, and product operations organizations. The goal of Intuitive’s University Hiring Program is to build a pipeline of diverse, motivated, high-achieving students to help fuel the expansion of Intuitive’s greatest asset; their people.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The intern will work on activities which may include:
- Develop financial models and provide insights and analysis on the ROI of key investments and resourcing decisions
- Apply finance, accounting, and analytic principles to assist in core budgeting, forecasting, and business planning activities
- Presentation of insights and recommendations to decision makers and executives
- Assist in the execution or monitoring of month- and quarter-end financial close
- Provide technology or reporting solutions (SAP, EDW, Tableau, etc.)
- Grow the team’s technical subject matter expertise with summer project(s)
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Completion of at least 2 years of undergraduate studies before start of internship
- Desired Major(s): Finance, Accounting, Business, Math, Economics, or related field
- Desired Minor: Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus
- Deep desire to learn and acquire new skills
- Highly self-motivated, curious, and comfortable with ambiguous challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with the team, collaborative work style
- High integrity with the ability to handle confidential information and data appropriately
- Experience working with data (wrangling, cleaning, summarizing, etc.); including at least one major quantitative research project desired (e.g., stats or econometrics term papers)
- 3.0 GPA, 3.5 preferred (please list on resume)
- Authorization to work in the US is a prerequisite for employment
- Sponsorship of work visa is not available
Due to the nature of their business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Intuitive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
Intuitive will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Thank you for expressing early interest in Intuitive! If the Intuitive team believes you are a good fit for a 2023 internship opportunity, you will be contacted in September and receive more information.