Why Hartford Funds?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs, and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs with more than $117.8 billion assets under management. Hartford Funds is primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
Hartford Funds believes in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
Summer 2022 Internships
There are 2 internships available: Marketing and IT. All internships are paid, and interns are expected to work of Hartford Funds’ Wayne, PA office every Tues/Weds/Thurs, with the option of working remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Overview of the Role: This internship will provide the opportunity for a student to play a key role in the marketing department by utilizing marketing technology and collaborating with marketing team members in areas such as research, content creation, analytics, and communication.
- Assist in digital marketing and advertising promotional activities (i.e. social media, email, web)
- Help develop marketing pieces and contribute writing content
- Proof/edit marketing materials
- Handle trafficking of digital ad creative
- Aid in the creation of web pages for Hartfordfunds.com
- Collaborate on internal communications for Hartford Funds employees (i.e. intranet, email, and engagement events)
- Maintain website content in CMS system
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Must be a college student graduating in 2023 or 2024
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (i.e. website CMS tools, online analytics, marketing automation, social Media)
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
- Willing to take on new projects and lend a hand to the team where needed
Job Title: IT Intern
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in the development of data validations leveraging a knowledge of SQL queries and basic statistics
- Assist in developing SQL and possibly other small applications to support the testing of a data warehouse being migrated to a cloud-based DW platform
- Role has the opportunity to provide exposure to various data related technologies such as reference data management, reporting, dashboarding, etc.
- College student graduating in 2023 or 2024
- Computer science or data science majors preferred
- Knowledge and experience with complex data structures
- Working knowledge of relational databases and basic SQL knowledge
- Some programming experience in one or more languages (Java /.Net /Powershell/R/Python/etc.)
Please submit your resume below by Sunday, February 13, 2022 to receive the next steps in the application process.