WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs, and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs with more than $117.8 billion assets under management. Hartford Funds is primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
Hartford Funds believes in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Hartford Funds has several openings for entry level Advisor Support Consultants in its Wayne, PA location. This position will give selected individuals the exciting opportunity to learn the Mutual Fund and ETF businesses and obtain securities licenses. Advisor Support Consultants will work with financial advisors, advisor consultants, and internal sales professionals to further their knowledge of the financial services industry.
If you are smart and eager to learn, then you will develop the skills and expertise needed to thrive at Hartford Funds. Its robust and ongoing training program provides the resources and tools that new hires need to be successful.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
- Respond to phone calls from financial advisors promptly and professionally, following established criteria
- Explain in detail the features, benefits and advantages of Hartford Funds’ products and funds
- Provide personalized, web-based hypothetical illustrations
- Place supply orders for marketing material
- Follow-up with representatives with answers to questions or to make sure information was received and understood
- Log phone calls into our computer system for tracking purposes
- Act as a liaison between home office and wholesalers in the field
- Assist in the training and development process of new employees
- Once licensed, make outbound phone calls to financial advisors regarding commission specials, new products, marketing ideas, special meetings, etc.
WHAT IS HARTFORD FUNDS LOOKING FOR?
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to thrive in dynamic fast-paced environment; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and function well as a member of a team
- Responsible, conscientious and self-motivated
- Positive, flexible attitude
- Strong PC Skills
- Possess the ability to accept, create and manage change
- Display willingness to quickly learn product lines, procedures and workflows
- Create and maintain a harmonious work environment
- Obtain Series 7 & 63 successfully completed within one year of employment
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
The Hartford Funds compensation philosophy is simple: it pays competitive base salaries and rewards performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in its comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
After you submit your resume below, a member of the Hartford Funds team will be in touch with more details about the next steps in the application process. Applications are due by Friday, September 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.